Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Daughter

















































She is here!!!! Well, Payton's expected due date was on May the 9th, but she wanted to be here sooner. Her official birthday is May 2, 2009 at 1:02 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 13.5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Although we had to do an emergency cesarean both her and I are recovering great. Greg and I have been adjusting slowly but surely. We still cannot believe that she is ours and we are parents. It is amazing. She is so beautiful and we feel so blessed to have a little daughter!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hell Yeah! Welcome Payton and Congrats Mom and Dad. Nice work team! Payton- you look so very beautiful! I like your style with popsicle and tea cup outfits....to tell you the truth, I was a bit worried you'd come out wearing a volleyball jersey ;)

    I can't wait to meet you. My only words of advice are to always smile, say yes to life experiences, and beware of any creature that doesn't blink (aka Stewart).

    Fight On,
    ~uncle Brian

    P.S. Happy Mother's Day Dana! ...and Grandmother's day Carolyn and Brenda!!...and Great-Grandmother's day Gloria and Francie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so beautiful. She had no choice as her parents are also beautiful. Congratulations. I can't wait to see her too. Hopefully, not too long. I'm proud of you both and you should be proud too. Loved all the pictures and especially the snoring. Get some sleep. Love to all of you, Great grandma Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. zzzzzz, what a contented sound... She is the sweetest little person.
    Wow, we were here in Callie(fornia)
    praying you into this world, as you made your debut, and we won't ever stop! Congratulations once again Greg and Dana, I have a new addiction, checking your blog throughout the day, (no pressure). May you appreciate every drip drop of Payton's life, we wish we could be there to hold her little tiny body, and hold her little tiny hand in ours, I guess her Nana will have to do it for us. Blessings to all of you, whose life has been changed by Payton's arrival in your lives.
    ♥Aunt Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to share Payton with those that cannot be there every day to spoil her rotten. Can hardly wait to get my hands on her! Love and kisses, Granny B

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a doll baby! I will be a faithful blog follower! Kelly blogs and it does help when you live out of town. Tell your California family they will HAVE to get a web-cam- it is the BEST for grandparents and relatives living far away and when Payton gets old enough she will think it is great fun! Hannah & Caleb love when we get on the web-cam. Blessings on your sweet little family!
    love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Grandma ChuhaMay 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

    Congratulations to both of you you have a beautiful daughter. Payton you are my 14th great grandchild, and I am anxious to see you.
    Love you all,
    Great Grandma Chuha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, she is adorable and you are blessed! Dana, when I first looked at you holding Payton, the tears began to well up...and then seeing your Mom...just lost it!...thinking back on when I saw you for the first time, in the foyer at GHFC at Bible Study...more than 27 years ago! and now here you are a Mommy yourself...where has the time gone...you are a beautiful Mommy..we send our love to you,Greg, and Nana :-) Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, here's Auntie Mary checking in to say- Oh my goodness, what a beautiful child! And what a beautiful family!
    Congratulations to all of you and please kiss her for me- that spot on the back of the neck that smells so lovely.
    Enjoy every minute.
    Love you all....M

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful and I can't wait to see her in person. You both looked very relaxed and natural with her already!
    See you soon.

    Love
    Aunt Greta

    ReplyDelete