Sunday, May 2, 2010

One year

I cannot believe how fast this year has gone. It is so hard to believe that exactly one year ago Payton was born. She has been such an amazing blessing to Greg and me. She is so amazing and we realize how awesome God is to give us such a gift. I cherish everything about Payton. I love how she is so strong-willed, how her eyes squint when she smiles and laughs, her pudgy belly, her crooked toe (some people might not know that about her), how excited she is to see you in the morning when she wakes up, when her arms go up because she wants us to hold her, when she is done eating she starts throwing her food over her high chair, how she lights up when Greg comes home, how she starts panting when she gets excited, when she dances and rocks back and forth when a song comes on that she likes, how she can turn on tears and then turn on her smile within seconds, when she fake laughs, and when she whispers "tat, tat, tat" when Stewart walks by and then proceeds to chase him. Those are just a few of the hundreds of things we love about our Payton...aka Papers, Pay-pay and Papes!!!
We had her first birthday party on Saturday. I captured some of my favorite moments. I made Payton her own little cake and she didn't destroy it, so Greg had to shove her hands in it (too funny). It was so great to have family and friends all together to celebrate her life. Today we took her to the Zoo with Brian and Mindy. We had a terrific weekend...needless to say, we are all exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday precious, sweet, beautiful Payton! Uncle Grant and Aunt Caroline hate they couldn't make it to your party! We love you!

    ReplyDelete